Editorís Note: The Herald invited all candidates to submit biographical information and answer questions about local issues. This is the only response we received.
Name: Rosanne Smith
Office: City Council
Education: Some college
Address: 306 Elk Road
Phone: Not to be published
Family: Second chance rescue pets
1. What inspired you to run for elected office?
I believe the council needs someone to be more involved in the day to day workings versus just one day a month.
2. What unique qualifications would you bring to office that no one else could match?
Iím retired and have the time to study the various city concerns without relying solely on outside firms.
3. What are the most important issues facing the community? Why?
Lack of continuity. For instance, one person can disconnect from city utilities, one person can decide if they want to hook-up or not, one person can open an auto repair business in a zoned residential area, etc.
4. How do you plan to address these issues?
New legal counsel is sorely needed. I think there is a serious lack of legal preparation on issues facing the city and little to no guidance on state law by current counsel which I believe leaves the city open to costly legal challenges.
5. If elected, what legacy would you hope to create? Why?
Legacy? I think I would just like to be known as easy to get ahold of and answered your questions, responded to your issue(s).
6. How do you foresee your typical workday as an elected official?
2-4 hours a day learning how everything works. Budget, Water, Sewer, Roads, etc.
7. What do you most look forward to after you are elected?
Getting started on (my answer to) question number 6.
8. Whatís the harshest criticism you expect to face on the campaign trail and how would you respond to such criticism?
I cannot see into the future. Every circumstance is different.
9. If you could only get one thing across to voters during your campaign, what would it be?
I will work hard, keep residents in the loop. A bill is sent out every month, why not a short newsletter with it?
10. What question should every candidate be asked? What is your answer?
See question number 1.