Everyone wants to live longer and healthier, but not everyone knows where to find answers to health questions or where to find local services and support groups.
Boundary Community Hospital is hosting a Community Health Fair from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, May 11, and it’s an excellent opportunity to visit the hospital, take advantage of free tests, visit with local health vendors, talk with local emergency services (including a peek into a Life Flight helicopter), and support local health-related non-profit organizations.
Highlights of the Boundary Community Hospital Health Fair include: On-site blood pressure check, Accucheck instant blood sugar test, free information about Advance Directives — Your Right to Make Healthcare Decisions, hearing screening, and nutrition counseling.
New this year
• The OT Experience with our Occupational Therapist, Dr. Yaya — find out more about Occupational Therapy and Sensory Processing in this unique area in Rehabilitation Services
• Make an appointment for your Annual Mammogram and meet our Mammogram Technologist — Buy quilt raffle tickets from the Bonners Ferry Women’s Cancer Support Group and find out more about Diagnostic Imaging available in Bonners Ferry
• Register to access your medical records through our Patient Portal
• Buy vegetable plants and flowers for your garden to support the Extended Care Facility
Mountain Trail Safety Clinic
Returning again this year is the Mountain Trail Safety Clinic with tips and advice from Dr. Layeux and her team at Boundary Community Clinics on staying safe while exploring beautiful Boundary County. We’re planning to have more local organizations who specialize in outdoor activities and adventures like 9B Trails and Far North Outfitters.
• The BCH Emergency team will showcase Hands Only CPR and the Idaho Time Sensitive Emergency systems of care for trauma, stroke and heart attack with LifeFlight medical transport helicopter and Boundary Ambulance.
• Boundary County Library will share the opportunities that the library has to offer including the Fab Lab with 3-d printers.
• Learn more about resources available to the community including elder care, hospice, social services, patient outreach, in-home health care options, health services and local nonprofits that support and care for our community with several new vendors from Sandpoint and beyond.
• Visit local vendors of health-related products and services
Start the day with the Fun Run
P1FCU is sponsoring the BCH Fun Run this year. The theme is CPR Saves Lives. Pre-register at Boundary Community Hospital Outpatient Services or P1FCU Bonners Ferry branch from May 1-8, with the first 70 to register receiving a free T-shirt. Same day registration begins at 7 a.m. with the Fun Run or Walk beginning at 8 a.m.
The starting line is by the Emergency entrance and runners can choose 3K, 5K and 10K routes. Finish by checking out the vendors and exhibits at the Health Fair.
As a Critical Access Hospital, Boundary Community Hospital is often the first stop in an emergency situation, but our neighbors find that it offers much more to our community. Discover for yourself.